The Entrepreneurship Minor's Fall 2021 In Review
The Entrepreneurship Minor team has been hard at work this past semester – our first semester back in-person since the pandemic started! Not only did we make it through Fall 2021, we had an incredibly successful semester.
We want to take a moment to let you know what we’ve been up to:
- We fully hired and onboarded three new positions for our team: Reema Attyeh – Senior Program Coordinator, Senia Borden – Student Program Coordinator, and our new Faculty Director Dr. Melissa Murphy.
- We executed 6 information session events to recruit students for the Minor.
- We recruited 122 new Entrepreneurship Minor students!
- We offered 2 sponsored Entrepreneurship practicum courses.
- We created and ran a new mentorship program (The Entrepreneurship Professional Mentor Program) with 26 participants – 13 students and 13 executives/entrepreneurs.
- We completed registration for 620 students and 122 incoming students.
- Over 1,200 students enrolled in entrepreneurship courses across campus.
- We hosted 3 well-attended Entrepreneurship Minor student-focused events.
- We had 2 entrepreneur guest speakers fly in to speak to students.
- We revamped the Entrepreneurship Minor website.
- We revamped the Entrepreneurship Minor CANVAS site.
- We hosted 2 professionally executed Demo Days for MAN 347P
- We dramatically improved our Princeton Review entrepreneurship rankings from 24th to 4th in the nation
- Last but not least, we secured a new endowment from John Harkey, and will be launching a new entrepreneurship institute in the upcoming school year. Stay tuned for more details!
We work hard for our students, and the high caliber of our students motivates us to do so every day. We will strive to keep this momentum going in the new year.
With the new year comes a new year’s resolution: We will keep you in the loop! Now that we’re fully staffed and have accomplished all that we have in our first semester back in-person, we hope to use this blog more actively to let you in on what’s happening with the Entrepreneurship Minor and show off our students’ amazing accomplishments.